Join the Mr. LongArm Team!
Our company has employment opportunities from time to time in the following departments:
• Production • Assembly • Pultrusion • Automation • Maintenance
• Shipping / Receiving • Engineering • Injection Molding • Tool & Die
• Management • Supervision • Sales & Marketing • Computer Technology
• Accounting • Customer Service • Quality Control • International Sales
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K & More
Download a copy of our Employment Application, fill it out, print a copy and send along with your resume, if applicable, to:
e-mail: Mr. LongArm Human Resources Fax: Human Resources, (816) 537-6162
Mail: Human Resources, P.O. Box 377, Greenwood, MO 64034
(You may also pick up a copy of our Employment Application at the reception desk
of our main Greenwood plant, 400 Walnut, Greenwood, MO 64034)
Mr. LongArm is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mr. Longarm, Inc.
• Position: Shipper Coordinator
• Supervised by: Shipping Supervisor
• Supervises: N/A
• Hourly Position Competitive and Pay Based Upon Experience
• Status: Non-exempt
• Work Schedule: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday – Friday
The Shipping Coordinator verifies and keep records on outgoing shipments. S/he also prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead shipping clerks and train new hires, shipping area’s process and procedures
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of outgoing shipment
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
• Retrieve or route materials from warehouse, using work devices, such as forklifts, hand truck, carts or conveyor.
• Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter
• Experience in rectifying problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications a plus.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
• Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list
Non-Essential Job Functions
• Good Housekeeping
• Answering telephone
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1 to 2 years of order filling, inventory control, shipping and shipping office experience is required.
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF) a plus.
• Experience in fast paced, high unit Warehouse Distribution Center environment
• Computer knowledge with word, excel, and outlook
• Ability to communicate with vendors
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Data entry skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good command of the English language both speaking and writing required.
• Good Basic math skills
• Pick and/or receive products ready for shipment, checking for damages, correct items, proper destination and quantities to be shipped.
• Enter shipping data accurately into the computer’s software Date Works system.
• Complete paperwork daily.
• Sitting: 50%
• Bending: 5%
• Squatting: 5%
• Stooping: 5%
• Walking: 10%
• Carrying: 5%
• Pushing: 5%
• Pulling: 5%
• Standing: 5%
• Lifting: 5%
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
• Required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance
• Required to regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus