Join the Mr. LongArm Team!
Our company has employment opportunities from time to time in the following departments:
• Production • Assembly • Pultrusion • Automation • Maintenance
• Shipping / Receiving • Engineering • Injection Molding • Tool & Die
• Management • Supervision • Sales & Marketing • Computer Technology
• Accounting • Customer Service • Quality Control • International Sales
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K & More
Download a copy of our Employment Application, fill it out, print a copy and send along with your resume, if applicable, to:
e-mail: Mr. LongArm Human Resources Fax: Human Resources, (816) 537-6162
Mail: Human Resources, P.O. Box 377, Greenwood, MO 64034
(You may also pick up a copy of our Employment Application at the reception desk
of our main Greenwood plant, 400 Walnut, Greenwood, MO 64034)
Mr. LongArm is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Mr. Longarm, Inc.
• Position: Shipper Coordinator
• Supervised by: Shipping Supervisor
• Supervises: N/A
• Hourly Position Competitive and Pay Based Upon Experience
• Status: Non-exempt
• Work Schedule: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Tuesday – Friday
The Shipping Coordinator verifies and keep records on outgoing shipments. S/he also prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead shipping clerks and train new hires, shipping area’s process and procedures
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of outgoing shipment
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates
• Retrieve or route materials from warehouse, using work devices, such as forklifts, hand truck, carts or conveyor.
• Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter
• Experience in rectifying problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications a plus.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials
• Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list
Non-Essential Job Functions
• Good Housekeeping
• Answering telephone
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1 to 2 years of order filling, inventory control, shipping and shipping office experience is required.
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and handheld devices (RF) a plus.
• Experience in fast paced, high unit Warehouse Distribution Center environment
• Computer knowledge with word, excel, and outlook
• Ability to communicate with vendors
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Data entry skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good command of the English language both speaking and writing required.
• Good Basic math skills
• Pick and/or receive products ready for shipment, checking for damages, correct items, proper destination and quantities to be shipped.
• Enter shipping data accurately into the computer’s software Date Works system.
• Complete paperwork daily.
• Sitting: 50%
• Bending: 5%
• Squatting: 5%
• Stooping: 5%
• Walking: 10%
• Carrying: 5%
• Pushing: 5%
• Pulling: 5%
• Standing: 5%
• Lifting: 5%
• Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
• Required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance
• Required to regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Production Machine Operator
- Location: Greenwood, Missouri
- Supervised by: Production Supervisor
• Status: Hourly Non-exempt
- Pay Rate: $13.00 to $14 per hour, based on experience
- Work Schedule: 6:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Thursday
Operate production equipment, both automated machinery and hand-held power tools necessary to produce our products. Troubleshoots and performs basic mechanical adjustments and/or repairs when needed. Loads and unloads product components into/out of machinery observing proper functioning, quality and multitasking within the equipment operation.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand, apply and use mechanical concepts and principles while operating production equipment.
- Solve minor problems when arise
- Start, operate and stop automatic machinery according to assigned schedule
- Perform change over set-up
- Perform adjustments as needed, such as: bolts/nuts, swage, reamers, deburr motors, pierces, threaded end, etc.
- Operates hand-held power tools and jigs or drill as necessary
- Follow equipment procedures and safety guidelines
- In liaison with Maintenance team, keep track of the equipment need for on-going maintenance.
- Maintain count and inventory of produced parts.
- Moves produced parts to storage (crates, pallets, etc.)
- Maintain equipment and area clean as needed
- Always maintain the equipment Safe and follow Safety procedures, such as LOTO-Log out Tag out, no clutter, spells, trip & fall hazard, etc.
- Moves minimum of 55 lbs. of component materials.
- May be assigned other duties as needed by Supervisor.
- May be required to be forklift certified. Will be provided by company.
- May be required to work mandatory overtime (if needed)
- Non-Essential Job Functions
- Answer telephone
- Clean work area
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1 to 2 years of experience operating automatic and semi-automatic manufacturing equipment (such as: CNC’s, punch presses, break presses, etc.)
- Familiar with safety rules and regulations.
- Good math and counting skills
- Verbally communicates well with other
- Attention to details
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Bending: 5%
- Squatting: 0%
- Stooping: 0%
- Walking: 45%
- Steps: 8% while going up/down to feed the equipment with material
- Carrying: 5%
- Pushing: 1% while feeding material to equipment
- Pulling: 1% while feeding material to equipment
- Standing 30%
- Lifting: 5% while loading or unloading product to/from equipment
- Listen for industrial equipment moving in and out of work.
- Verbally communicate daily activities.
- Lift 55 lbs.